Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today

Today I...

--Had a very creepy dream in which an evil fog was killing people. On rare occasions it simply turned them mindless, murderous, and violent. And the mist lived around my apartment/creepy mansion. I lost several roommates and was nearly killed by an old boyfriend, who then lurked outside the house in the mist. At the end of the dream I was trying to convince my remaining housemates to move, but the mist was laughing at me and promising to follow. We were trying to cover gaps in the windows and doors and fix doors that wouldn't lock so we could keep the mist and its zombies at bay. We were planning what kinds of light kept it at bay the best and how much time we could risk being outside. During our planning, one of the housemates that had turned evil returned. Apparently in his insanity he had wandered outside the mist's influence and had returned to his right mind after a few days. Unfortunately he no longer remembered anything about the mist, and I was trying to convince him that I was telling the truth and that he needed to help us. He wasn't believing me when the dream ended. It was a very long dream, and I was still a bit upset hours later.

--Had two students come into my room asking if I was going to be the one teaching speech and debate next year. When I said I was, they both promised to sign up for the class.

--Helped out with the mock trial team for the first time.

--Struggled with a sore throat.

--Was asked by a student what I did on the weekends, and I told him that his weekend I was headed to the symphony with my dad, and would probably go rock climbing and maybe skateboarding and grade a lot of papers.

--Blogged so that I could put off grading papers for just a few more minutes. Sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I blame your misty dream on watching the cheesy, weird green mist in "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader". And if you were going to be the debate coach I would sign up all over again. You should tell Mrs. Hansen, she'd be very proud.