Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wait, is it Pi Day?

Poop.  I forgot until one of my students told me about it this morning.  That's disappointing.  Last year Pi Day was a big deal, I had a party, I blogged about Pi's emotional role in my concept of womanhood.  I can't even go home and make a pie to make for forgetting Pi day.  Tonight I will go straight from school to my night class, then leave my night class early to go to an orientation meeting for the gifted program at my school at which I will meet my future students and their parents and pretend I know what I'm going to be teaching them.  From there, I'll drive the half an hour home and go straight to bed.

Oh, by the way, I found out I'll be teaching the 7th grade Gifted English class next year.  I found out Thursday.  Finally.

Well, happy Pi Day anyway.

A scene from last year's Pi Day.

2 comments:

Balgram said...

HAPPY PI DAY!

I keep on meaning to celebrate this awesome holiday and I keep forgetting until the day of.

Alas. I am hereby celebrating pi day:

HAPPY PI DAY!

Hope all goes well today, and think of pie if it helps.

Don't if it doesn't.

Naazju said...

Oh no! How sad that you couldn't celebrate Pi Day properly! Hopefully you get lots of good rest tonight. And I'm glad you posted a picture with yourself and Allie. Is it weird to think that that picture is of you before you tried to have dreads? (Dreds? I don't remember how to spell it. . . .)