Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Catch Up

I am dead, nor have I abandoned this blog.  I just got really, really, really, really busy doing lots of cool stuff.  This is the post just to say that I'm coming back.  My school has unblocked blogspot, so I can blog here and there while my students work on stuff, like their journals, which they're doing now.  So blogging should happen again.  Huzzah!

Here are some highlights from the last six months:

April:  I had dreads
          I decided to move in with my boyfriend, the Pirate.

May:  I moved in with the Pirate
         I finished the school year and moved my classroom, again

June:    I ran away to the desert with my friend Brian for three and a half weeks of climbing, hiking, camping, and reading.
          I still had dreads.
          I got engaged!!
          I flew out to Indiana to be with my sister as she had her first baby.

July:   A new nephew arrived on the 4th of July, and I got to drive across country with my mom, which was awesome.
         I camped and hiked and camped and hiked, with family and friends.

August:  I hiked and camped some more, then went back to meetings.
           I still had dreads.
           School started.

September:    School kept going.
                     I still had dreads.
                     The Pirate and I decided to buy a house.

October:   We put our first offer down and are waiting for the counter offer.

Did you hear that?  That was the rumble of the earth shaking as tectonically big things happen in my life in a short amount of time.

Whew!

(I still have dreads!)

2 comments:

Beck said...

So happy to see you pop up in the blogging world again! (I have completely abandoned any semblance of my own blog, so kudos to you for staying strong!). It sounds like so many fun things have happened for you- and I can't wait to hear more about The Pirate. Details, please!! :) Love, Anna

Naazju said...

That is certainly a lot of news and well worth the wait! Can't wait for details and fun stories! Congratulations!