Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Advancing

I'm starting to think of this whole teaching gig as an RPG. Today I advanced a level and learned one new TS (Teaching Skill): Working a Mass-Copy-Making Machine. This TS is a top priority for any Novice Teachers, especially because it has a special effect: Double-Sided Copies. It also works well when used in tandem with other Novice-level TSs such as Using the Few-Copy-Making Machine, Printing to the Nearest Random Classroom, and Making Overhead Transparencies.

As I gain skills and experience points I am able to take more actions per prep period. If I budget time wisely, I may still have time to make my first attempt at Making Absent Work Packets. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Urikkiru said...

If you hit level 99, does that mean it's time to battle with the Principal for his job?

I recommend awesome chalk and ruler fighting skills, with a half spec in eraser clouds.

Matt said...

Plus, you should get some wicked epic equipment, like the famous +1 Chalk of awesomeness and the Shiny Blouse of Protection

Bluesfier said...

Does this mean that you have your own theme music? And have a victory dance/song every time you win a battle?

Cavan said...

After our conversation tonight I feel obligated to post here. Methinks you know why.

Adam said...

Life does feel like leveling up sometimes. It's better if I can find a nice big field of tough critters so that I can gain experience faster, but the risk of death goes up substantially. And they take away a bunch of gold and xp if you die :-(.

Bryan Tanner said...

Your friends are funny folks. I wish some of your friends we my friends too.

One day, you or one of your friends (or better yet, a collective clan of you) should write an LDS book on how "Life is a RPG".