Thursday, November 12, 2009

Saying Nothing

There are a few notable disadvantages to blogging as rarely as I have been blogging lately. The first is that I feel obligated to blog when I have the time and opportunity, whether or not I have anything to say. The second is that, by the time I actually get around to blogging, I don’t have anything coherent to say. All I posses at the moment for a reader’s enjoyment is a collection of random thoughts, disjointed ideas, and a few teaching moments. No single one of these tidbits is really blog worthy, and post containing all of them would simply be a jumbled mess. Try as I might, I’m not pulling out any coherent themes by which to group this miscellaneous experiences and thoughts. The only recent events worth blogging about is really too personal to smear crudely on the public wall of the internet.

So, this blog isn’t going to say anything. It’s just going to ramble politely and conclude emptily. Abruptly.

4 comments:

Matt said...

You sound sad. Down. Don't like it. Not a bit, no sir. This may require the sushi-ya treatment.

evieperkins said...

I'm actually not sad! Not one whit! But I still think we should hang out... :)

Cavan said...

Blogging about nothing is a long and proud Internet tradition.

Bryan Tanner said...

I agree with Cav. You need to embrace the emptiness. Don't go searching for purpose in your writing. Let the metaphorical ball come to you.

I like it better when your writing is that way.