Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Discovering the Blogosphere

Recently I attended a literacy conference in Salt Lake for teachers. While there, I went to one particularly convincing presentation that, among other things, showed me how to do all sorts of nifty things online. So, I took the presenter's advice and have been expanding my blog reading list beyond blogs belonging to the people I actually know. This eventually led me to the thebloggess.com, which is proving to be hilarious.

Today I read a story she posted a few days back about Read Write Web's article about Facebook. Their article came up on the google search for "facebook login," and suddenly scores of people were arriving at their article. These people took one look at the red borders, the advertisements, and assumed that Facebook had simply changed its layout again. They then proceeded to leave numerous angry comments begging to allowed to log on and talk to their friends. RWW even posted a banner on the article alerting users that they were not at Facebook, but it was largely ignored. Two days RWW wrote another article entitled "We're Still Not Facebook." Even that article still got comments from confused visitors searching for their pics and their farmville.

For a good laugh, go through the original comments and read a few. It doesn't take very many before you start laughing.

1 comment: