Monday, September 20, 2010

Zombies in My School

At my old school, I knew exactly where I would hide if zombies attacked while I was there, or if they attacked and I could get there. I knew I couldn't hide in the apartment I lived in--it was on the ground floor and had a huge sliding glass door through which zombies could pour quite easily. So I settled on the satellite/trailer where I taught at Lehi Junior. There were no windows that wouldn't require climbing that were big enough to crawl in. I could live off of the food and candy in the classrooms. It wouldn't be nutritious, but it would keep me alive. And, if the main hall was breached, I would retreat to the bathroom. It had both a key lock and a bar you could pull across. I would have water and a place to use the bathroom, although, if the water supply was shut off, I would go to the bathroom in the sink because it had a drain and drink from the toilet tank. This would let me live for at least a month or more.

At my new school, the nearest bathroom only locks from the OUTSIDE. Meaning that it would be a good place to lock a rogue zombie, but a bad place to hideout myself. No, at American Fork Junior, the best place to hide in case of zombie attack is the faculty lounge. It has no windows, it locks, contains couches for sleeping, vending machines for a food supply, and has two separate bathrooms. These could be used as sources of water a final retreat since they are an additional locked door.

Anyway, I need to go enter grades.

4 comments:

Miss Wesel said...

I'll I can do is shake my head and then go enter my own grades.

Matt said...

I also highly recommend the science lab. Lots of storage space to hide, lockable doors, and multiple exits. Good luck.

Unknown said...

The things I never think about. If I did, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. You must be braver than me.

Jacque said...

And then I remember this is the child that slept on pine cones, borrowed my outdoor survival skills book and practically memorized it. The girl who is prepared for any situation. And frankly, after Virginia Tech, not a bad idea to have a plan.