Friday, February 25, 2011

Accomplishment

As of this morning, I have paid for more than 50% of my car. My original goal was to have it paid off in two years, which isn't going to happen. It turns out that $16,000 is a freakin lot of money, but I'll still have it paid off early, if only about a year and half. If I continue to pay at my current rate, I'll own my little Yaris in another 18 months. Sigh. If I completely neglect my savings to get out of debt and don't spend a lot (something I'm getting increasingly bad at), I could get it paid off three years from my first payment.

But, all things considered, it's nice to have the amount of my debt down to only four digits. A five digit debt seems to have a strange effect on my heart rate and the amount of moisture on my palms.

2 comments:

Di said...

Ugh. Try a six-digit debt that will take at least 15 years to pay off.

evieperkins said...

Wow. I feel like I should make you a happy 40th birthday cake already. :)