Monday, June 20, 2011

Exciting Things

Saturday I got things done.  I washed my hair, cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom, then started in on my history course.  While working on my history course I went through the long process of waxing and rolling my dreads.  Like I mentioned in my last blog, this rewaxing and thorough rolling takes about 3-4 hours.  So I studied and I rolled, and I watched Bones and I rolled.  It took approximately forever.  After I'd finally rolled them all, I looked in the mirror and realized that, for the first time ever, none of my dreads were sticking up.  Not one was doing its impersonation of a tree.  Finally.  It took them two weeks, but they learned to stay down.


Also on Saturday, I looked down at my legs and giggled.  I always seem to bash my knees when I climb.  Since I climb multiple times a week, my legs look pretty beat up.  I looked at my legs and thought, "Good heck!  Somebody beats me!"  But they don't.  I get beaten by rocks and occasionally concrete when I go skate.

I should go on Jerry Springer
Exciting thing number three, the most exciting of all, was last night I drove up to Salt Lake to hang out with Jeni and Chris.  There I got to meet little Nico for the first time.  I've had lots of friends have babies over the years, and I've got well over a dozen nieces and nephews, but there's something different when it's your best friend since 3rd grading telling you the "birth story," and there in your arms is the little one that caused all the trouble.  There's something different when it's the near sister you used to confide your grade school crushes on, plan high school dances with, giggle with on the marching band bus, live with in college, and whose wedding reception was in your backyard. (Not that I got to go.  That killed me.  I couldn't get work off for love nor money.)  She let me hold him, and make faces at him, and feed him, and tease him.  They're going to be great parents.  I only hope I can do as well someday.





Confession down here in the fine print:  I want one.  I really really do.  I'm not even going to bother lying to you.  I want a husband, I want my kids, I want to start a family.  Sigh.   

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Awww, what great pictures you got! It was great to hang out and see you:) Glad the dreads are behaving better.

Miss Wesel said...

I am so jealous. It will be forever before I get to see that dang baby! I am so glad you took pictures. In regards to the fine print, I worry that there might be something wrong with me because on Sunday I had a handful with Linc in Relief Society. Within 5 minutes of my mom leaving me solo he freaked out and I had to leave the RS room. I thought to myself, I am not sure I am ready to do this.

Beck said...

Congrats to Jeni!

When it happens, you'll be a fabulous mother, Eve.

Paige Terner and Sandee Beech said...

Awww! Cute!
~Paige and Sandee

Trent said...

dreads look awesome. you are awesome. someone awesome will notice :)