Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Highlights of a Day

In the last 24 hours:

After not exercising more than once for weeks, I climbed for an hour and then went to a grueling yoga class. During the final meditation, as the trembling slowly ceased in my limbs and the blanket of sweat on my skin evaporated, my mind and body had a little chat.  We'd been feeling disconnected from each other lately, so it was a good chance to reconnect.  During our conversation, my body requested that I go vegetarian again.  Since my mind and body communication is usually a battle over who wants to eat the most cookies, I immediately made the goal.  Vegetarian again.  I will probably still eat meat on occasion--socially at least.  But no more buying it, fixing it, or eating it on my own.

This afternoon, after teaching four classes in a room in which the fans were not running, it was so warm that my projector was overheating.  During the journal discussion, one of my dear, sweet, 7th grade girls raised her hand when I asked, "What are places, people, and events that have influenced your personality?"  I called on a few students, and then when it was her turn, instead of contributing to the discussion, informed the whole class and me, "You have a shiny forehead!"  Oh really?  Thanks for mentioning it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hee, hee. How's that for honesty?