Thursday, October 4, 2012

Oh, I guess I'm Crazy Then.

After all the exciting weight losses and gains over the last two years, I only have one pair of dress pants that fit at the moment.  Because of that, I've been wearing skirts a lot.  Out of all my skirts there is one that gets far more compliments than any other.  The English teacher next door asked me where I had gotten it a few weeks ago.  After thinking a moment I responded, "At a free store at an anarchist venue in Tucson."  It's true.  It was my first trip to Tucson with Cuny and we had stopped at Dry River, the local venue for bands and home to the local Anarchist collective and free store.  They had this skirt, it fit, and I loved it.  

Then, this morning, my teacher friend noticed the brightly skirt I wore today.  "Is that another anarchist skirt?" she asked.  I looked down at the skirt and said, "No.  It's just another hippie one.  I got this at the reggae festival in Tokyo."  

Then I realized that my life is pretty awesome.  Some day this spring I'll have dreads again, then I'll be the hippie teacher who wanders around barefoot and sits on the floor and teaches her students to chain themselves to trees.  I can't wait.  

Picture Source

2 comments:

Beck said...

Love it. I love everything about this post.

Jeni said...

"Then I realized that my life is pretty awesome" Ha ha, that was the best part! I would love to see some pictures of the skirts you are talking about? Pretty please?