Tuesday, March 18, 2008

whew!

Well, today I had my first "real" job interview. The principal, the vice principal, the head of the language arts department, and the teacher who would be my mentor all took turns asking me questions. Things went pretty well, considering I don’t have much actual experience to go off of, It’s mostly repeating what I’ve been taught makes "good practice." I’m supposed to hear back in the next few days.

My principal is a former band director--He told me to tell my mom that he’s a kindred spirit.

I’m never changing my voicemail message (the waitress one). And I’m never deleting the voice message where the principal said in response "Hi, I’d like to order one English intern..." :)

2 comments:

Cavan said...

Oh Evita. Please don't make me choose between you and the possibility of your ages-long voicemail message changing. Some decisions should never be forced on a man.

Urikkiru said...

Congrats. It's good to see friends moving on and being successful. I hope your teaching job goes really well.

Good luck, and hopefully you will slay them with your razor wit, and knock them dead with your killer looks.