Monday, October 27, 2008

Transportation Woes

Last Monday:

A split hose caused an incontinece problem for my car, Gigi the Jeta, and she "peed her pants" all over the parking lot. I limped her to the mechanics and was able to get it fixed the next day, for the easy price of $115.

Friday night:

Someone steals Gigi the Bike.

This Morning:

Another door has broken on Gigi the car. It wasn't even cold this time. Now I have two doors that don't open from the outside, one door that will break anyday, and a driver's door that doesn't open at all. Soon I'll be crawling in and out of windows. I'll have to stay at school until everyone leaves in order to not to damage my dignity.

But apparently I have it easy. My mom told me this story:

We had a car like that just before (and after) Aaron was born. After strapping Isaac in through the window, I climbed in myself, 9 months along. I tried to go out when noone was around!

wow. :)

3 comments:

Jeni said...

This reminds me of Calvin and Hobbs, when Calvin's dad talks about building character. :) I guess someone always has it worse- I can't believe your poor mom! Gigi is developing quite the personality. By the way, happy birthday today! If I had more money, I would totally buy you a new car.

Bluesfier said...

After hearing your story, I thought of this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCImrmR63JE

I too know car troubles...not sure mine will make it through the winter. Good Luck with yours.

Bryan Tanner said...

Poor Gigis.

It's weird that the older and more rickety our possessions get, the more we seem to love them. (It's like that with people too.)