Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh yeah, one more...

Just as a shout out to cavdawg... I was running late this morning, again. :)

   

But, unrelated to that, I have done, yet another thing that puts me in the "Wow, it looks like you're having a mid-life crisis" category.  You see, I have never dyed my hair.  I planned on never dying my hair.  I was firmly taught that dying one's hair meant that you forfeited the natural highlights that had developed over years.  Not only that, but you would be trapped into paying to have your hair redyed over and over and over, with your only option for escape to cut it all off, or dye it back to your original color, but this time without those natural highlights.  It would be years before you could recover.

   

Yet, Saturday morning, I enlisted a lovely assistant, 

and he dyed my hair.  !!!       !!!      !!!    

    

My reasoning was thus:  

   

I have actually always admired funkily colored hair.  Especially super short, funky-colored hair.  Now, after years of coveting it, I finally have super short hair.

   

Second, it occurred to me one evening last week that my super short hair exempts me from all the tragic consequences of dying my hair.  I can dye my hair any color I want, and, in about a month, I'll cut all of the dyed hair completely off, simply to remain my current hair cut.  Presto, hair back to the way it was before I dyed.  Exactly.  No redying, no trap.  I was free to experiment consequence free.  

   

So, embolden by my immunity, I reached for what I'd always secretly wanted, and I have gone from hair like this:


   

To hair pretty much like this (the flash made it turn out slightly more red than it's actual color):

4 comments:

Matt said...

I'm thinking it's a redheaded Julie Andrews thing going on! Big fan.

nick cuny said...

thats a very flattering picture of me haha. i look like a giant hippie :)

Cavan said...

Thanks for the shout-out.

Running late in the mornings is, like, my thing, I guess.

Di said...

It looks nice, but I have told you a bajillion times that your anti dyeing stand was all brainwashing. Hopefully you now realize it.