Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hurrah for snow!

I like living where I do. I don't mind the twenty minute commute to work that much, and I like being able to go to the grocery store or the coffee shop without running into my students. But today, as I watched the glorious snow fall in soft but determined globs all around me and turn brown as it hit the slush filled freeway where cars moved slowly forward like cows wading through mud, I wished I lived closer to work. It took me forty minutes to get there, and I barely made it by contract time. Looks like I'll be leaving earlier tomorrow.

But still, hurrah for snow! Maceys is collecting a letters to Santa, and for each one that it receives it will donate $1 to the Make a Wish Foundation. Because my students have been reading letters, and because we've writing letters to the editor today, this morning's warm-up activity is writing letters to Santa while listening to Christmas music and watching the snow drift past the window of our classroom.

Hurrah for snow!

2 comments:

Matt said...

You are missed. That is all.

Jeni said...

You are the festive teacher I longed for in middle school and high school- way to celebrate the first real snow and get out the Christmas music! What did you listen to?