Monday, November 17, 2008

Miscellaneous thoughts

Yes, I do love grocery shopping at two or three in the morning. The aisles are empty, people whistle along to the music, and sometimes we late-night shoppers smile at each other in sympathy. Chances are, if I'm grocery shopping that late, it means I've got everything else I had to do done for the day, so whether this grocery trip takes ten minutes or twenty won't make that much difference, so why not sift through the bargain bins?

Nat King Cole did a multi-lingual version of L-O-V-E. His Japanese is atrocious. Seriously sickening.

I'm wondering what country I should teach in next year. Any suggestions? And yes, the US is still an option.

I had an attitude adjustment this weekend. Thank heaven, I sure needed it. You know something? I like my life. Take that world. I intend to live it up and down and backwards and sideways and all over. I'm done sitting and watching.

I'm going to start chasing dreams again. Because I can, and because I want to.

4 comments:

Di said...

HURRAH!

And of course I vote teaching in Denmark, but I might be biased. If I weren't biased, I would say Italy was one of my favorite places ever.

Bluesfier said...

I love the randomness of your blogs. You go from shopping at 2 am to teaching in a different country to following dreams. Your just awesome. I'm not sure which country would be good. I'd say US, just so your friends could see you more often. But do chase your dreams, make them come true. BTW I also enjoy the 2 am shopping experiences.

Matt said...

Evie, you HAVE to see this blog entry I just found. I think you're one of the few people I know who would drool over it as much as me.

http://thenonist.com/index.php/thenonist/permalink/hot_library_smut/

Bryan Tanner said...

I never would have guessed it--2am rendezvous with Nat King Cole?!

What would your 8th graders think?

Maybe some morning I'll see you there.