Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Confession, Music Edition

My family is a very understanding, supportive, and loving one.  My relationship with them has remained steady and close despite all sorts of life-changing decisions I make that I don't write about on the internet.  However, I'm about to make a public confession that may change all of that completely:

I've started to like some electronic music, sometimes, on occasion.

It's not my fault, Mom and Dad, I fell in the wrong friends, and they influenced me.  They pressured me into  listening to it at first, and I went along thinking, "What harm could it do?"  Then soon they were playing it all the time, and then we were talking, laughing, and having a good time with this sound in the background.  We rocked out to it and danced to it, and listened to it way too loud way too late at night.  Before I knew, I had started to enjoy it.  Now, sometimes, when no one else is around, I'll play it on my own.  I know that musically it's not worth much more than a fart in a can, but I get cravings for it now.  I'm sorry, Mom and Dad, I never meant to disappoint you.

Is there a rehab center for this I can check into and get my good taste back?

2 comments:

Jan said...

It's not too late, Evie. I will send you some more great symphonies! Something in these will strike a chord.

Unknown said...

You're still a good person.