Monday, January 9, 2012

Science Fiction Juxtaposition

I just realized that these two have a lot in common:

Picture Source
"When 900 years you reach, look as good, you will not."

I know, this quote was said by the Matt Smith Doctor, not the David Tennant Doctor, but I liked this picture better.  
"...in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important..."


I thought I was really smart for figuring this out on my own, but then I discovered that other people have had the same idea long before me:


Picture Source
But maybe I can get originality points for throwing in a juxtaposition to another famous character.  Who else is 900 years old besides Doctor Who and Yoda?  Methuselah.  


Picture Source
Actually, if you compare representations of the three 900+ year-old beings, they look eerily similar.
Picture Source
Picture Source



Of course, were we just adding juxtapositions based on looks, there's another extremely old character whose age could well be 900, and who looks a great deal like our other old men:

Picture Source

2 comments:

Miss Wesel said...

I can't handle a connection between Gollum and Dr. Who. It just isn't right. Although the way he treats the tardis as his precious isn't far off. ;)

Bluesfier said...

I'm almost certain that Gollum is only reaching the 300 year mark, but I could be wrong.