Monday, January 30, 2012

I Dream in Vignettes

This morning my alarm clock sounded at 4 a.m.  I had meant to get up at 4 and exercise, but since my sore throat from last night was still there, I hit snooze.  Then I hit snooze again.  I hit snooze in 5 minute intervals from 4 to 5:45.  That's 105 minutes, or 21 snoozes.  Thank heaven I don't have roommates or they would have shot me.  Because of the fragmented nature of my sleep this morning, I had a series of very random, very short dreams.  Here is a sampling:

I dreamed I slept in until 11:27 and was panicking because I was late for school.  I kept checking my phone, wondering why the school hadn't called me.  Not only that, but my mom was there, and I couldn't understand why she hadn't woken me up so I wouldn't be so late.

I dreamed about towels.

I dreamed about dirty rugs.

I think I dreamed about tea.

I think I dreamed about a few different boys.

I probably dreamed about lots of other things, that didn't really make an impression.  I was surprised by how deeply I was sleeping in between alarms.  I felt like I was getting fantastic sleep.  Sleep so fantastic I never could bring myself to turn my alarm off so I could sleep for more than 5 minutes at a time.

No comments: