Friday, April 1, 2011

Hello.

I'm Miss E.  This is my classroom.  You know, where the magic happens?

This is some of what we've been talking about lately.

This is one of the posters on my wall.  Every year, 6 months in, some kid will interrupt a lesson to ask what it means because they've "never gotten it."

Then there's me.  The star of the show.  The animator of the room.  The amazing, the one and only, the serious, thought provoking enlightener of your youth.

Look! My hair's getting longer!

That means it's getting in my eyes now.

My earrings are dead butterflies!  And I can shoot lazers out of my eyes!  I'm a professional!


Actually, on Friday afternoons I don't get much work done.

Mostly I surf the internet and wait for spring break to get here.  Of course, what I'm surfing the internet for is advertisements to show my seventh graders to talk about persuasive techniques.  But still, it beats grading book tests.

Is it time to go skateboard yet?  The weather's fantastic today!

Sigh.  It's still not spring break, is it.  poop.

I guess I'll go gather up book tests to grade over the weekend.  I made them describe the climax using alliteration and write a haiku about their books; I wonder what on earth they said. 

2 comments:

Anna Beck said...

Your classroom is rad. I love the jolly roger by your desk. And what a cool assignment you gave them. Man, I want to be in your class!

Bryan Tanner said...

Love this: "My earrings are dead butterflies! And I can shoot lazers out of my eyes! I'm a professional!"

I can imagine you placing your camera around the room, and posing for 10 seconds while you wait for the picture to take. :)