Wednesday, May 11, 2011

That's Holy Miss E. to You, Puny Mortal!

"Miss E., would you like to be a GOD in my World?"  Poor soul, he said it so formally, and in such a loud voice, that the whole class stopped talking and started giggling.  Then he started blushing.

"A goddess?" I corrected.

"Yeah," he said, clearly embarrassed by the eyes and amusement of the entire class.

"Goddess of what?" I always double check.  I don't want to end up as the goddess of awful teachers, stupidity, or something unflattering.  I don't mind being the goddess of torture or homework or teachers or English--I don't mind playing the villain, but I don't want to be insulted.

He stood there stammering for a moment under the double scrutiny of the class and his teacher, then his eyes fell on the boxes of crayons behind me.  "Crayons!" he said, relieved.

"I'd love to be the goddess of crayons."

The class laughed and returned to their talking and working on their projects.  They're making up their own mythologies (which explains how this conversation came about in the first place).  As they returned to drawing their maps, I heard one remark, "That is the best pick up line ever!"

Recovering his confidence as he reached his desk, he began to enumerate on my powers as the goddess of crayons.  I will have a magical crayon that can draw anything. If I want to draw "a magical pony horse," I could draw it and then ride away on it.

I have been many things over the years, including the Cabbage Avenger at one point (but that was in high school), but I think this is my first time as Evana, the Goddess of Crayons, wielder of the Crayon of Power.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Crayons make sense, but I somehow see you as more of a Lego deity.

Unknown said...

Ahhh...the awkwardness of junior high in all its glory. Congrats on the promotion to goddess.